Jakarta lights up in pink with SMTown Live 2023
简介SM Entertainment, home to some of the biggest K-pop names like aespa, Red Velvet and NCT, covered Ja ...
SM Entertainment, home to some of the biggest K-pop names like aespa, Red Velvet and NCT, covered Jakarta in pink -- the company's iconic color -- on Saturday with its label concert, "SMTown Live 2023."
The star-studded event, officially titled "SMTown Live 2023 SMCU Palace @Jakarta with KB Bank," took place on Saturday evening at Gelora Bung Karno Main Stadium located in Central Jakarta, Indonesia. The one-day gig is the latest edition of the company's joint label concert series, "SMTown Live."
From legendary veterans to fresh rookies, K-pop's A-listers stormed onto the stage as part of a four-hour concert flourishing with 41 songs -- all of different flavors and genres.
The night's highlight came when the eight teams each brought their best hits to the stage. Among them were TVXQ's "Mirotic," Super Junior's "Sorry Sorry," Red Velvet's "Red Flavor," NCT 127's "Kick It," NCT Dream's "Candy," WayV's "Kick Back" and aespa's "Next Level."
There was also a special collaboration only possible at the label concert between NCT's Taeyong, Jeno, Hendery and YangYang and aespa's Giselle, who came together to perform "Zoo."
Saturday's show celebrated the first SM concert held in Jakarta in 11 years.
"We've looked forward to meeting our Indonesian fans for the first time in awhile. It feels like a summer celebration in Jakarta tonight," a TVXQ member was quoted as saying during the gig in a statement released by the agency.
A Super Junior member was also quoted as saying, "It's even more special, as this year marks the 50th anniversary of South Korea and Indonesia's diplomatic partnership."
The label's rookie band Riize, which debuted on Sept. 4, also celebrated its first live gig performance that night and showcased its debut single "Get A Guitar."
"It's a great honor that we could be a part of SMTown, a grand show where music meets performance, with the other senior artists of SM," a Riize member said.
Marking the finale, all the artists came onstage holding hands for a light-themed performance that symbolizes SMTown Live, the agency said.
SMTown Live is a global concert that has been held since 2008. The firm has left many pioneering footsteps around the world with SMTown Live, such as the first large-scale K-pop concert held in Europe; the first event headlined by an Asian pop group held in New York Madison Square Garden; and the first concert by a foreign artist held in Beijing National Stadium.
P&G Korea, the South Korean unit of the global consumer goods maker Proctor & Gamble, said Thursday ...
Key officials of the ruling People Power Party have offered to resign over the party's recent b ...
BTS' V on Saturday made unforgettable memories with fans at his solo fan meeting, "Vicnic."Some ...
- [Test Drive] Toyota’s minivan Alphard boasts sedanlike drive
- Hyundai Engineering wins US gas
- Sabre fencer, swimming relay team eye historic medals
- 2m Koreans opt out of life
- Seoul shares close lower amid woes over Fed's drawn
- Golden apples: Why fruit prices are national issue in early autumn
- [Book Review] 'Lee Kun
- PM arrives in China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- Beef prices have soared 100
- S. Korea, US, Japan stage trilateral maritime interdiction drills for 1st time in 7 years
- BTS' Jungkook headed to Paris as MTV EMA nominee, performer
- SK Chemicals partners with Estee Lauder for eco
- [Herald Interview] Director Lee Chung
- New government initiative offers W3b reward to combat digital piracy
- Biden to visit Israel as war in Gaza sparks humanitarian crisis
- S.Korea's largest
- BTS Jungkook's star
- 'Apgujeong Box Girl' sparks online debate
- S. Korean industries to see modest recovery in 2024: think tank
- Import prices rise for 3rd month on higher oil costs
- Seoul shares open lower on tech, battery slump
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- Kia reaches tentative agreement with union
- [Herald Interview] Netflix's ‘Devil’s Plan’ expands realm of survival game shows
- US strategic bomber B
- FSC lays out plan to boost pet insurance enrollment
- Omega X to return with 3rd EP ‘iykyk’ next month
- Ruling party to launch innovation committee after crushing by